Warehouse & Receiving
Warehouse & Receiving - Full Time
The Hockey Shop Source for Sports is looking to fill full time positions to take operations in our Warehouse and Receiving Department to the next level.
The team that works within our Warehouse and Receiving Department plays a critical role in our success as a company. Strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate well with other members of our team are required to excel at this position. As part of our team, you’ll join a family of like-minded individuals that love the game of hockey.
Our company is growing quickly so your job will be fast paced and constantly evolving. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated, hard-working, and positively competitive as we value these characteristics - often over career experience. The ideal candidate for this position aspires to be an All Star player that can draw on first hand experiences to problem solve and bring a winning attitude to our team.
We’re looking for somebody who:
- Will work with our leadership team to develop initiatives that improve efficiencies. We’re looking to take our store to the next level and your input towards improvements will be valued.
- Recognizes the detail that is required for receiving products and invoice entry.
- Will ensure that product is received into our warehouse and moved to the sales floor in the most efficient manner possible.
- Has a good understanding of the game of hockey and the equipment. Although it’s not mandatory to have a hockey background it will definitely help if you love the game as much as we do.
- Can quickly and thoroughly solve problems that may arise.
- Is able to draw on first-hand expertise and experiences to provide the best solutions to a variety of challenges and projects.
- Will apply yourself to learn our store systems inside and out.
- Provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding improvements that can be implemented to our existing systems.
- Has achieved a high school education and a good command of English, both written and oral.
- Has a broad base of computer knowledge. You don’t have to be Mark Zuckerberg but you should have a good understanding of applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- We value work ethic, honesty, and a positive attitude- often over career experience.
- Investing in our team members to help them evolve in their roles with our company. Helping our employees develop skills to assist them in their current role and continue to develop them for their future.
- Enable our employees to use their judgment to make the best decisions on behalf of our company.
- Believe it’s critical for our staff’s roles to evolve and include challenging projects.
- We provide a work environment that is fun, has awesome co-workers,and a family atmosphere.
- Respect the work/life balance that today's workers want.
- Provide competitive compensation and a benefits package.
- Offer flexible scheduling.
- Will promote employees to job openings within the company if they are qualified.
- Have a great staff discount program for all the latest gear.
- Receiving all products into our POS system.
- Managing supplier packing slips and invoices.
- Oversee the organization of the warehouses.
- Managing daily re-stocking reports.
- Inventory management and re-counts.
- Provide feedback regarding improvements, efficiencies.
- Assist the sales floor and answer phone calls when necessary.
- Don’t be good, be great!
At The Hockey Shop, we pride ourselves on our jobs being an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play.
The Hockey Shop is Western Canada’s largest independent hockey retailer. We’re a family owned and operated store that currently consists of a team of 45 engaged team members…and we’re growing (that’s where you come in). We’re a proud member of Source for Sports, a national buying group with over 150 independently owned stores across Canada.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in the above position and would like to become a member of our team please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply with an application you can include with your resume.