Senior Sales Associate
Senior Sales Associate - Full Time
The Hockey Shop Source for Sports is looking to fill a full-time Senior Sales Associate position to help take our customer service to the next level.
Strong work ethic, communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well with other members of our team are required to excel in this position. As part of our team, you’ll join a family of like-minded people that live and breathe hockey.
Our company is growing quickly so your job will be fast paced and constantly evolving. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated, hard-working, and brings a positive attitude to work every day as we value these characteristics - often over career experience. The ideal candidate for this position aspires to be an All Star player that can draw on first hand experiences and bring a winning attitude to our team.
We’re looking for somebody who:
- Appreciates customer service as much as we do and will work exhaustively towards providing a world class customer experience to our customers.
- Will be responsible for managing the growth of a specific department category (or categories).
- Has a good understanding of hockey equipment. Although it’s not mandatory to have a hockey background it will definitely help if you love the game as much as we do.
- Can quickly and thoroughly solve problems that may arise.
- Is able to draw on first-hand expertise and experiences to provide the best solutions and suggestions to our customer’s questions.
- Will apply yourself to learn our store systems inside and out.
- Has achieved a high school education and a good command of English, both written and oral.
- Has a broad base of computer knowledge. You don’t have to be Mark Zuckerberg but you should have a good understanding of applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Is available to work full time including weekends.
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- We value work ethic, honesty, and a positive attitude - often over career experience.
- Investing in our team members to help them evolve in their roles with our company. Helping our employees develop skills to assist them in their current role and continue to develop them for their future.
- Enable our employees to use their judgment to make the best decisions on behalf of our company.
- Believe it’s critical for our staff’s roles to evolve and include challenging projects.
- We provide a work environment that is fun, has awesome co-workers,and a family atmosphere.
- Respect the work/life balance that today's workers want.
- Provide competitive compensation and a benefits package.
- Offer flexible scheduling.
- Will promote employees to job openings within the company if they are qualified.
- Have a great staff discount program for all the latest gear.
- Provide world class customer service when assisting customers on the sales floor and answering customer phone calls.
- Fitting customers correctly in assortments of equipment, as well as being knowledgeable about all brands of player gear.
- Re-stock product and maintain the organization of the sales floor.
- Provide feedback regarding improvements and efficiencies.
- Don’t be good, be great!
At The Hockey Shop, we pride ourselves on our jobs being an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play.
The Hockey Shop is Western Canada’s largest independent hockey retailer. We’re a family owned and operated store that currently consists of a team of 45 engaged team members…and we’re growing (that’s where you come in). We’re a proud member of Source for Sports, a national buying group with over 150 independently owned stores across Canada.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in the above position and would like to become a member of our team please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply with an application you can include with your resume.