Website Department Posting
Website Department - Full Time and Part Time
Looking to join a family of like-minded individuals that love the game of hockey?
The Hockey Shop Source for Sports is looking to fill a full time position to help take our Website to the next level.
We're looking to add a team member to our Website and Mail Order Department. Strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate well with other members of our team are required to excel at this position.
Our company is growing quickly so your job will be fast paced and constantly evolving. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated and hard-working as we value these characteristics...often over career experience. The ideal Hockey Shop team member can draw on first hand experiences to problem solve and bring a winning attitude to our team.
We’re looking for somebody who:
- Will work with our current website team to help develop initiatives that improve customer service and department efficiencies. We’re looking at taking our website to the next level and your input towards improvements will be valued.
- Is technologically orientated and has well rounded computer skills.
- Recognizes the attention to detail that is required for working on and building websites.
- Has a general understanding of website design. Although it is not mandatory, an understanding of Magento e-commerce software is most definitely an asset.
- Has a basic understanding of HTML, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
- Has achieved a high school education and a good command of English, both written and orally in order to assist with general editing.
- Can quickly and thoroughly solve problems that may arise.
- Is able to draw on first-hand expertise and experiences to provide the best solutions to a variety of challenges and projects.
- Will apply yourself to learn our store systems inside and out.
- Provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding improvements that can be implemented to our existing systems.
- Has a good understanding of the game of hockey and the equipment. Although it’s not mandatory to have a hockey background it will definitely help if you love the game as much as we do.
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- Investing in our team members to help them evolve in their roles with our company. Helping our employees develop skills to assist them in their current role and continue to develop them for their future.
- Enable our employees to use their judgement to make the best decisions on behalf of our company.
- Believe it’s critical for our staff’s roles to evolve and include challenging projects.
- We work hard because we love what we’re doing, but we also believe in balance. We provide a work environment that is fun, has awesome co-workers and a family atmosphere.
- Respect the work/life balance that today's workers want.
- Provide competitive compensation and a benefits package.
- Offer flexible scheduling.
- Will promote employees to job openings within our company if they are qualified.
- Have a great staff discount program for all the latest gear.
- Ability to learn the inner workings of our POS system.
- Tackle basic product and catalogue building using Magento e-commerce software.
- Provide feedback regarding improvements, efficiencies.
- Assist the sales floor and answer phone calls when necessary.
- Don’t be good, be great!
The Hockey Shop is Western Canada’s largest independent hockey retailer. We’re a family owned and operated store that currently consists of a team of 55 engaged team members…and we’re growing (that’s where you come in). We’re also a proud member of Source for Sports, a national buying group with over 160 independently owned stores across Canada.
How To Apply:
At The Hockey Shop, we pride ourselves on our jobs being an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. If you are interested in the above position and would like to become a member of our team please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply with an application you can include with your resume.